Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Perth

Thanks to my dad who found my citizenship certificate, my trip to Perth next month is still looking promising. It will by my first visit in over 20 years!! I will wait to buy the ticket until the passport application is approved, just in case something goes awry.









In honor of my impending possible trip, I bring you some Perth Fun Facts (taken from the Wikipedia entry: Perth, Western Australia).

1. Perth is the capital of Western Australia.
2. With its current population of 1.5 million, it holds approximately 7.5% of the Australian population and is more than 3 times the size it was since She Who Must Be Obeyed last lived there.
3. Perth is one of the most isolated metropolitan areas on Earth (Honolulu is more isolated).
4. On 19 September 2006, the Federal Court of Australia brought down a judgment recognising Noongar native title over the Perth metropolitan area.

2 comments:

Wes said...

Yay! Wish I could come along!

Richard said...

Hope it works out... i need to get my passport too ;)

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker