Monday, May 21, 2007

German Beer

This is an article that highlights some of the lesser-known German beers: A German Beer Trail: Searching for Local Brews - Travel - New York Times

This highlights the koelsch from Cologne, which I love, and the rauchbier in Bamberg.

Angela - be sure to check out some of the recommendations this summer! With the promise of a unique beer, you might even get a visit from The Engineer :).

2 comments:

Wes said...

Mmmm.... Kölsch. This article makes me want to fly over Cologne for a day or two. I will have to see if I can find a cheap fare...

Angela said...

Now, you know I can't go on a beer tour this summer ... but if the Engineer is interested in a few new brews, he should pop over to Bamberg. They have the highest number of breweries (and catholic churches) per capita than anywhere in the world. No exaggeration.

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker