Friday, May 18, 2007

I think I'm going to miss Hong Kong

As pretty much everyone knows, Wes and I are moving back to Houston this fall after our two years here in Hong Kong. We have known this for months and it has always seemed sort of distant. But, with calls to sort out the final dates here and information coming in about movers, I have started thinking about all the things I really like about living here. Some of them were slightly over shadowed in the exciting prospect of taking a long vacation and heading back to the States.


Looking at this upcoming weekend, I realized that there are some aspects of Hong Kong that I will miss. Tonight, the "expats and others" of the Firm are having a happy hour in Lan Kwai Fong. LKF (unfortunately a.k.a. "the Fong") is a popular area in Central that is less than a 10 minute walk from our apartment. The interesting grouping of people not from around here at the Firm, in a wide variety of groups, makes for a good time when we get together.








Tomorrow, I am heading to Stanley in the afternoon to meet some of the girls at a cafe on the beach. When I first arrived, I was the only western woman below Director in the tax group. The directors are not much for hanging out. Since then, we have been joined by various ladies from London (3) and Australia (2) so we have a nice time hanging out sometimes. It is a lot of fun and suddenly my 3 or so months left seem very short. I guess I will have to make the most of it.

No comments:

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker