Sunday, January 21, 2007

Help! I am turning into a computer geek!!

Alas, my new-found blogging enthusiasm has led me down a dangerous road. A road pave with html and templates and layouts and widgets (thanks to New Blogger). I have spent the last hour or so trying to figure out how to format my quote of the day so that it looks like the rest of the sidebar (to no avail you have likely noticed by now). I would like you to note, however, that the font color is at least consistent. That took some actual Javascript "programming". Now, I will not deny that I often land on the geeky/nerdy side of life - but I try to stay in the liberal arts and business worlds as much as possible. At least there I actually know what I am talking about. I was not cut out to be a computer programmer (and have laughable skills at it), but I did find in my many minutes of reading on the internet that it actually makes some sense. I think it is something I could have made a go at had I been so inclined. As I look back, I liked math and science in high school and wasn't half bad at them - maybe I have missed my true calling. I am sure my engineer husband would beg to differ. It is really a moot point, though, because I have no inclination at this point in my life to go in that direction and dedicate the hours of my life that it would take to learn how to make a truly flashy blog.

To sum up, I hope you enjoy the new blog and I hope you will appreciate the impressive skills of all the other bloggers who manage to sort out all the bells and whistles better than I ever could.

No comments:

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker